Many condo balconies are small. That said, there’s still some space to spruce up your balcony, especially at our short term rentals at DelSuites. Here are our tips to maximize your space and entertain on your balcony.
1. Lighting. The lights you choose for your balcony can instantly change the mood of your outdoor space. Try stacked lanterns, string lights, or a few big potted candles.
2. Seating. Most balconies will only enable a small table and two chairs. If you wanted to use your balcony as an extension for an entertaining space, try a small bench or a chaise lounge instead of a small table and two chairs.
3. Extras. If you’re unable to put a BBQ or grill on your balcony, try a small bar cart (ideally covered for bad weather situations) or an outdoor wine cooler. Make your space cozy by adding a carpet or funky rug. Colourful or light accessories like blankets will entice you to be outdoors.
4. Plants and Flowers. Potted plants or hanging flowers can instantly add that joie de vivre to your space and make it welcoming for your guests. Weather conditions will dictate the type of plants you can grow and have on your balcony. It is advisable to give the dimensions and specifics of your balcony at your local flower/plant shop. Placement of flowers can be on the ground but also up high or hanging from the balcony. Varied placement will help spruce up the space.
5. Water features. A small, standing water fountain that needs to be plugged in (if there is an outlet on your balcony) would create that calming effect. A beautiful bowl surrounded by plants or a clear vase or bowl filled with rocks and water can add to your outdoor sanctuary.
Don’t forget if you don’t want to do anything to your balcony, there are outdoor spaces and pools at many of our properties where you can grill, swim, sunbathe, and socialize! It is one of the many features we offer as part of our award-winning services.
Your balcony is part of your space, so make the most of it! How do you create an outdoor sanctuary for yourself? How do you entertain on your balcony?
DelSuites has been in business for over 17 years. As we continue to grow, we constantly are looking for ways to make operations more streamlined and efficient. Erin Conaty discusses how our central laundry room is an integral part of our daily guest service operations furnished rentals.
Here in our central laundry room, we ensure quality control, receive deliveries and where all linens are washed and stocked.
All linen is inspected prior to folding and delivery to our furnished apartments Toronto. With this, DelSuites ensures we meet the needs of our guest throughout their stay.
Watch Erins video to find out more about DelSuites central laundry room.
DelSuites is having a great year, fresh off from being shortlisted for an EMMA 2015 (Expatriate Management and Mobility Awards), the global mobility industry’s premier awards by the Forum for Expatriate Management (FEM).
These awards recognize industry leaders, business successes and rising stars in global mobility. This is the second nomination for DelSuites being nominated for Corporate Housing Provider of the Year. The awards ceremony takes place on September 10th in San Diego, California.
‘It is always great to be nominated for awards like this,’ says Cliff Norton, Director of Sales. ‘When you see the caliber of other finalists and to see DelSuites right there beside them shows that what we are doing is working. On a personal side, it is recognition of our staff and the countless hours that they put in during work time and on their personal time. Although it would be great to win, the nomination in itself is prize enough for me.’
Since its inception in 1999, DelSuites partnered with the Tridel group to meet the needs of a niche market: corporate travelers who require long term stays that is more comfortable than a hotel stay. It has since then positioned itself as one of the best furnished accommodation rental properties in the business. The company has receive the 2015 TripAdvisor award of Excellence and is consistently rated by its guests for its service and cleanliness. Learn more about our guest services in our video; the role of reservations; and reasons why your company should consider booking an executive rental in Toronto. That said, Delsuites has not only grown to accommodate corporate clients, they also appeal to leisure visitors and families. Here are our tips on relocating your family to the city.
A full list of all EMMA Shortlisted nominees is listed here.
Stay tuned to see if DelSuites takes home the award this year!
When it comes to choosing a corporate housing provider in Toronto, you want to ensure a seamless transition from your time of check-in and throughout your stay.
At DelSuites, the 24-7 security and Guest Services department play a critical role in the continued success of our business.
They have the most exposure to our guests and are available to offer assistance where needed.
Watch our video on guest services and short term rentals Toronto to see how they help ease the transition into your furnished apartment Toronto
Meet Suelyn, our Marketing Manager who shares some quick basic insights when marketing furnished rentals Toronto. SEO, Trade Shows, Brochures, etc.
In Suelyns’ role, its important to stay on top of industry news and trends. This helps DelSuites stay ahead of the game. In addition, Suelyn also stays on top by reading newsletters of other companies who provide furnished rentals Toronto, networking, reading news sites, blogs and trade journals.