We are proud to offer Qwest furnished rentals Toronto that is located right in the heart of downtown. There has recently been renovations in the building along side with improvements in our suites. Both have been transformed into a modern, comfortable and stylish place to stay.
Qwest Furnished Rentals Toronto Renovations – Major Changes
We have gone through a series of renovations over the years and recently in order to improve and make them more comfortable for our guests. We have removed the wallpaper and painting, installed new hardwood floors from carpeting, added most recently installed new kitchens appliances and bathrooms.
One of the biggest changes was when we took out the carpeting and replaced it with hardwood floors, giving the living spaces a much more clean, spacious and modern feeling to them. We have also installed stainless steel appliances in the kitchen and have updated the cabinets with a coat of paint and new handles. The bathrooms are outfitted with a new vanity, countertops and a fresh coat of paint.
Our renovations have been aesthetic as well as practical and we have decorated with several beautiful examples of local Toronto themed art. The choice of artwork gives each suite a cozy and elegant feeling and makes it feel more like home.
Elegant Colour Scheme
The colour scheme chosen is grey and black, a dramatic and rich choice which will be timeless. We chose each element of the décor perfectly, so that together it would create an overall atmosphere of stylish elegance. The new look of the building has a modern simplicity and will add a lot of value to the property. The stylish décor gives each of the suites a relaxing feeling, so that you can feel peaceful and calm during your stay – whether you are visiting the Toronto area for business or pleasure.
Qwest Offers Better Alternative to Hotels
Compared to staying at a pricey hotel, staying in an furnished suite at the Qwest building offers a lot of advantages. You will have a living and dining area, kitchen and separate bedroom so that you don’t feel cramped into a small hotel room. All suites feature in suite laundry and built in closets that allow for more space in the bedroom. Flat screen televisions with premium cable programming, integrated iPod/alarm clocks and hi-speed wireless internet ensure you are entertained and stay connected during your visit to Toronto. Qwest also features a modern gym that is accessible 24 hours.
Each of the one and two bedroom qwest furnished rentals Toronto suites has a fully equipped kitchen, so you will be able to enjoy the freedom and convenience of self-catering during your stay. Many of our suites offer a separate work space so that when you are travelling for work you will be able to get caught up on business in comfort.
We are proud of the renovations and are happy to offer a stylish and well equipped place to stay during your visit to Toronto. To see photos of our renovations or learn more about the suites, you can feel free to visit our website at any time.
Sometimes going on a business trip can be a tiring and stressful experience. There are plenty of meetings and conferences to attend, work to catch up on in transit and big networking functions to attend – by the end you might need a break just to recover from it all! However, there are ways that you can reduce stress on a business trip. Here are some helpful tips that you can keep in mind:
Tips to Reduce Stress on a Business Trip
• Prepare in advance for as much as possible. There are many factors that you can’t control, but those you can control can be taken care of with advance planning. You can figure out the details, such as how to get from the airport to your accommodation, so that you don’t have the added stress of figuring them out on the fly.
• Check in early. Many airlines allow you the option to do this online and it will save you a lot of time at the airport, making your trip smoother and more enjoyable.
• Pre-book your transport from the airport to the hotel.
• Pack as little as possible. If you can pack only hand luggage (on a short trip) you will be able to get in and out of the airport much more quickly.
• Have some offline work that you can do so that you can make the most of the time when you are waiting around in transit but you are not connected to the internet.
• Pack clothing that can be easily mixed and matched, so that you don’t have to think too much about coordinating your outfits when you are attending meetings and functions.
• A furnished apartment or extended stay in Toronto can be more beneficial than staying at a hotel. You’ll have the advantage of being able to prepare your own food and do your own laundry, which will save money and be more convenient. Also, you’ll have a separate living space where you can do work, rather than having to answer work emails from your bed in a cramped hotel room.
• Make sure that your short term rental has free WiFi before you book. It’s an important feature for a business traveller and you don’t want to have to go out to a coffee shop just to get a bit of work done.
• Don’t forget to give yourself time to relax and exercise. Many business travellers forget or neglect this, but it’s very important. Physical activity can help to reduce elevated stress levels that are caused by travel or working long hours. A swim in the pool or a workout at the gym can be the perfect antidote to business trip stress.
These are just a few ways that you can reduce stress on a business trip and keep yourself from getting overwhelmed and exhausted. On your next business trip you can be prepared and organized, travel as efficiently as possible and take time to relax and enjoy the journey.
It can be difficult to stay in shape when you are on vacation or travelling for work, as you are jostled out of your healthy at home routine. You might end up eating out more and having a few drinks – which often means that you return home with a few pounds under your belt as a souvenir. In addition to using the fitness facilities at your furnished apartment in Toronto, you can also do these great at home workout exercises anywhere so that you can keep in shape while on the go:
This exercise will strengthen your core while providing you with a great stretch. Start by lying on your stomach on a mat or on the floor with your legs outstretched behind you. Your toes will be pointed toward the wall and your neck should be relaxed. Exhale while you squeeze your core muscles and reach both legs up a few inches off the floor. While your legs are lifting, float both arms a few inches off the floor as well. Hold for 20 seconds, then slowly release.
2. Push Ups
This classic exercise is great for working the upper body, but it also works to strengthen your core as well.
3. Prisoner Squats
These are basic squats, except with your arms up and your fingers laced behind your head. The hand position forces you to keep your chest upright and works your core muscles.
4. Downward Facing Dog
This yoga position gives you a great stretch, as well as strengthening your abs and back.
5. Front Plank
This exercise is harder than it looks. Lie on your stomach and then raise your body up on your elbows and toes, keeping your torso and legs stiff and strong. Your body should be as straight as a plank and the only thing touching the ground should be your forearms and toes. Hold this position for as long as you can, breathing deeply, then lower yourself back to the floor.
6. Tuck Jump
Stand with your knees slightly bent and then jump up as high as possible, bringing your knees to your chest while you are in the air while extending your arms straight out.
7. Mountain Climber
Start on your hands and knees and bring your left foot under your chest while straightening your right leg. Keep your hands pressed to the ground and jump and switch legs.
One of the most difficult but effective full body exercises. Start with a squat position and put your hands on the floor. Jump your feet back into a push-up position. As soon as you have completed one push-up, jump your feet back to the squat position. Leap up into the air as high as you can before you squat and repeat.
9. Wall Sit
Slide your back down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the ground and stay that way, like you are sitting on an invisible chair. It won’t take long to feel the burn.
10. Side Plank
From the plank position, roll to the side and come up on one of your elbows and the corresponding foot. Hold it for 30 seconds.
The advantage of staying at one of our furnished condos is that all buildings have on-site fitness centres, including swimming pools, cardio machines and much more. With the on-site recreational centres and these 10 quick at home workout exercises, you can keep a healthy routine without having to worry about the weather or go out to find a gym in an unfamiliar city.
Let’s face it, Canadian winters can be cold. The streets ice over, the cold wind blows, the snow piles up and the temperature drops well below zero. If you are visitor to Toronto during the winter and you aren’t used to the Canadian chill, it might be a little bit of a shock to your system!
How do the locals survive? It’s all about being prepared and knowing how to handle the cold weather. Here are some valuable tips to stay warm in Toronto if you are visiting.
• You will absolutely need to bring with you a warm winter coat which will keep you warm and cozy on the bitterly cold winter days. It should be waterproof and wind resistant so that you can stay dry.
• You might need to shop for your coat as soon as you arrive in Toronto, if you are coming from a place where winter coats are not a common clothing item. Some good places to start are Sears, The Bay or try Winners. You could also find a second hand coat at a cheaper price at a store such as Value Village. If you have Canadian friends you are meeting in Toronto, they might even have a spare winter coat you could borrow during your visit.
• If your coat doesn’t cover your neck, you will need to wear a scarf to keep the cold air from blowing down your collar.
• Wearing gloves or mittens is also very important, as your hands and fingers will get cold very easily.
• Also, you will need a pair of insulated waterproof boots, which will keep moisture away from your feet and keep them warm.
• You will lose a lot of body heat through your head, so make sure that you wear a warm hat to prevent heat loss. In Canada this is known as a “toque” and you can find them sold in stores all over Toronto.
• In extreme cold temperatures in Toronto, fingers, ears and other exposed flesh can be at risk for frost bite. Make sure that you are fully covered up.
• The temperature can vary significantly throughout the day. Wear layers so that you can adjust your clothing to the environment you are in.
• When choosing the underneath layer that will be close to the skin, avoid cotton. It tends to absorb water, which will end up making you feel colder as it evaporates. It is better to wear synthetics, wool or silk.
• Make sure that you eat well before you go outside. It will help to get your metabolism going which will keep your body warmer.
• Limit your time spent outside and if you start to feel numb, tired or overly cold you should go indoors to warm up.
• Get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids in order to keep your immune system strong.
Keep these tips to stay warm in Toronto so you can be comfortable in the chilly winter weather. Do you have any tips to stay warm in Toronto in the winter?
Want to see the eyes of your special someone light up with happiness this Christmas? When it comes to buying Christmas gifts for your beloved you want to give them something special that will really make them feel appreciated and loved. If you are looking for inspiration for romantic gifts this holiday season, here are some great romantic holiday gift ideas to get you started:
A One of a Kind Portrait
Find a local artist whose style you like and pay them to paint a one of a kind portrait of your special someone. It can be based on your favourite photograph of them or of you two together. This will be a one of a kind gift with a major impact that they will treasure for a long time.
Instead of Christmas gifts, reveal that you are taking your special someone on a surprise weekend getaway. You can book a bed and breakfast and whisk them away for a couple of nights. You can choose somewhere that they will really enjoy and you can even plan activities or a special dinner to surprise them.
Christmas Tree Ornaments
A beautiful and meaningful gift you can give someone you care about could be Christmas tree ornaments with their name on them or ornaments that represent a special memory the two of you share. You could make it a Christmas tradition that every year you give them a different personal ornament, so that decorating the tree becomes a beautiful trip down memory lane. If you are crafty, you might even want to try making your own ornament.
Jewellery is a timeless gift for your special someone, but you can make it even more meaningful and special if you inscribe it with a personal message. It can be a ring inscribed with your initials or a bracelet with a quote that has meaning for both of you. There are also matching necklaces you can wear that can be inscribed with messages, initials and much more. A piece of jewellery is a lovely gift, but a personalised one of a kind piece of jewellery is something even more special.
Equipment for Their Hobby
Think about what your special someone is passionate about and what they enjoying doing in their spare time. Do they like to go hiking? Are they an artist? Do they like to write? Are they interested in gardening, sports, reading? Pinpoint their favourite hobby and then get something that is related to what they enjoy. For example, if your beloved enjoys painting you can get them a new canvas and some high quality paints and brushes. They will find you were thoughtful and chose a gift that reflects their personal interests.
With these wonderful romantic holiday gift ideas you will be sure to make your partner feel special on Christmas morning. Dont forget to check out our blog for thoughtful and creative stocking stuffers ideas!
Thoughtful gifts are meaningful and will create special Christmas memories that you will treasure for many years.