We are proud to offer Qwest furnished rentals Toronto that is located right in the heart of downtown. There has recently been renovations in the building along side with improvements in our suites. Both have been transformed into a modern, comfortable and stylish place to stay.
Qwest Furnished Rentals Toronto Renovations – Major Changes
We have gone through a series of renovations over the years and recently in order to improve and make them more comfortable for our guests. We have removed the wallpaper and painting, installed new hardwood floors from carpeting, added most recently installed new kitchens appliances and bathrooms.
One of the biggest changes was when we took out the carpeting and replaced it with hardwood floors, giving the living spaces a much more clean, spacious and modern feeling to them. We have also installed stainless steel appliances in the kitchen and have updated the cabinets with a coat of paint and new handles. The bathrooms are outfitted with a new vanity, countertops and a fresh coat of paint.
Our renovations have been aesthetic as well as practical and we have decorated with several beautiful examples of local Toronto themed art. The choice of artwork gives each suite a cozy and elegant feeling and makes it feel more like home.
Elegant Colour Scheme
The colour scheme chosen is grey and black, a dramatic and rich choice which will be timeless. We chose each element of the décor perfectly, so that together it would create an overall atmosphere of stylish elegance. The new look of the building has a modern simplicity and will add a lot of value to the property. The stylish décor gives each of the suites a relaxing feeling, so that you can feel peaceful and calm during your stay – whether you are visiting the Toronto area for business or pleasure.
Qwest Offers Better Alternative to Hotels
Compared to staying at a pricey hotel, staying in an furnished suite at the Qwest building offers a lot of advantages. You will have a living and dining area, kitchen and separate bedroom so that you don’t feel cramped into a small hotel room. All suites feature in suite laundry and built in closets that allow for more space in the bedroom. Flat screen televisions with premium cable programming, integrated iPod/alarm clocks and hi-speed wireless internet ensure you are entertained and stay connected during your visit to Toronto. Qwest also features a modern gym that is accessible 24 hours.
Each of the one and two bedroom qwest furnished rentals Toronto suites has a fully equipped kitchen, so you will be able to enjoy the freedom and convenience of self-catering during your stay. Many of our suites offer a separate work space so that when you are travelling for work you will be able to get caught up on business in comfort.
We are proud of the renovations and are happy to offer a stylish and well equipped place to stay during your visit to Toronto. To see photos of our renovations or learn more about the suites, you can feel free to visit our website at any time.
After walking around Toronto in the winter chill for hours, checking out the attractions, admiring the sights and doing some shopping, you might be in the mood for a hot drink. You can head into one of these lovely Toronto Cafes for warming up with a hot drink whether it be a warm cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
If you are passionate about a good cup of tea, you’ll love this beautiful and cosy place. There are several different loose and pre-bagged teas to choose from, so you are sure to find your favourite blend. The staff are tea experts and if you let them know what flavours you like they will be able to recommend the ideal tea for you to try. You can even get a pot and stay for a while if you don’t want to go back out into the winter cold. Check out the tea latte bar and order yourself a London Fog.
Dark Horse Espresso
There are four locations of this great coffee shop throughout the city, so you will never be far from your next delicious cup of coffee. They offer delicious drinks and a great range of yummy and filling snacks and treats, as well as reliable fast Wifi. The décor is cosy and rustic and it’s a great atmosphere in which to relax after a busy day of exploring Toronto.
The Rooster Coffee House
In the east of the city you will find the Rooster Coffee House, a lovely place that feels like home. They offer really great coffee within a welcoming atmosphere and they also have a delicious selection of baked goods. You’ll love it so much that you won’t want to venture out into the cold again.
This is another great cosy little café with only eight tables and a warm and welcoming vibe. It serves up delicious lunches as well as great coffee and hot drinks. Check out the pancakes and the open top sandwiches – perfect for filling up your belly when it is cold and dreary outside.
Tango Palace Coffee Company
Tango Palace is one of the cosiest cafes on the east end, so when the winter chill gets too much for you it’s the best place to warm up with a hot drink. It is a neighbourhood institution – being around for 17 years and offering a huge range of drink and food options.
This coffee shop is set within a warm and inviting two storey house and it has a great selection of high quality coffees. The décor is rustic – the tables are made from thick cut raw wood and the walls are exposed brick. The staff are friendly and enthusiastic and will make you feel comfortable as you hide from the cold.
Sip your favourite hot drink at our Toronto cafes for warming up and let it warm you up from the inside. Savour the bustling atmosphere and welcoming vibe of these great hangout spots.
Let’s face it, Canadian winters can be cold. The streets ice over, the cold wind blows, the snow piles up and the temperature drops well below zero. If you are visitor to Toronto during the winter and you aren’t used to the Canadian chill, it might be a little bit of a shock to your system!
How do the locals survive? It’s all about being prepared and knowing how to handle the cold weather. Here are some valuable tips to stay warm in Toronto if you are visiting.
• You will absolutely need to bring with you a warm winter coat which will keep you warm and cozy on the bitterly cold winter days. It should be waterproof and wind resistant so that you can stay dry.
• You might need to shop for your coat as soon as you arrive in Toronto, if you are coming from a place where winter coats are not a common clothing item. Some good places to start are Sears, The Bay or try Winners. You could also find a second hand coat at a cheaper price at a store such as Value Village. If you have Canadian friends you are meeting in Toronto, they might even have a spare winter coat you could borrow during your visit.
• If your coat doesn’t cover your neck, you will need to wear a scarf to keep the cold air from blowing down your collar.
• Wearing gloves or mittens is also very important, as your hands and fingers will get cold very easily.
• Also, you will need a pair of insulated waterproof boots, which will keep moisture away from your feet and keep them warm.
• You will lose a lot of body heat through your head, so make sure that you wear a warm hat to prevent heat loss. In Canada this is known as a “toque” and you can find them sold in stores all over Toronto.
• In extreme cold temperatures in Toronto, fingers, ears and other exposed flesh can be at risk for frost bite. Make sure that you are fully covered up.
• The temperature can vary significantly throughout the day. Wear layers so that you can adjust your clothing to the environment you are in.
• When choosing the underneath layer that will be close to the skin, avoid cotton. It tends to absorb water, which will end up making you feel colder as it evaporates. It is better to wear synthetics, wool or silk.
• Make sure that you eat well before you go outside. It will help to get your metabolism going which will keep your body warmer.
• Limit your time spent outside and if you start to feel numb, tired or overly cold you should go indoors to warm up.
• Get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids in order to keep your immune system strong.
Keep these tips to stay warm in Toronto so you can be comfortable in the chilly winter weather. Do you have any tips to stay warm in Toronto in the winter?
When it comes to buying Christmas presents, sometimes a challenging part can be filling the stockings. What do you do when you’ve found all of the big presents, but you can’t think of ideas for the little trinkets? You don’t want to simply give boring gifts, so put a little more thought into it so that you can put something different in the stockings of your loved ones this Christmas.
Here are some ideas for creative and thoughtful stocking stuffer ideas for Christmas:
- For someone who loves to write and jot down ideas, give them a beautiful leather bound notebook with a small pen hidden inside.
- An activity tracker, such as the Fitbit, can be a great gift for someone active so that they can keep track of their steps taken and calories burned as well as set progress goals.
- Small bottles of fragrance or cologne can be a lovely stocking stuffer for a special someone who always loves to smell good.
- For the wine lover in your life, why not give them an attractive stylish corkscrew?
- Jewellery also makes for a great stocking stuffer, as it is just the right size. When choosing jewellery for someone, take a look at the style that they usually wear to get an idea of their taste so that you can buy something they will like.
- The people in your life who love art would really appreciate getting art supplies in their stocking, such as coloured pencils, a set of watercolour paints or high quality drawing pens.
- A mini flask can be a lovely gift, especially if it is paired with a bottle of the recipient’s favourite alcohol.
- Cooking gadgets, such as an egg yolk separator, a jar opener or a knife sharpener can be great gifts for your friend who really loves cooking.
- When you have someone in your family or friend group who is geeky about a particular show, book series or movie, whether it is Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Supernatural, Doctor Who or anything else, getting them items along that theme will never go wrong. Try keychains, mugs or anything else emblazoned with their favourite fictional characters.
- We all know that one person who is obsessed with their hair, so great stocking stuffer ideas for Christmas for them could be hair clips, barrettes, hair ties, a cute mini travel brush and mini sized bottles of their favourite hair products.
- For the friend or family member who can never get enough spice in their food, give them tiny bottles of their favourite hot sauce that they can bring with them anywhere they go.
- To give someone a nostalgic blast from the past, buy them a copy of an old comic book that they used to really enjoy when they were a child.
The key to finding great stocking stuffers that are out of the ordinary is to think about your recipient and what they like. Thoughtful and meaningful stocking stuffer ideas for Christmas will really make their holiday special.
The city of Toronto really lights up around Christmas time and becomes a dazzling, sparkling winter wonderland with a magical and festive atmosphere.
If you are visiting the city with your children, there are many fun and exciting things that you can enjoy during your time in Toronto. Here are some of the best Christmas activities for kids that the city has to offer:
12 Trees of Christmas
At the Gardiner Museum you can check out the beautiful display of Christmas trees, enchanting for children of all ages. The event begins on November 12th with the lighting ceremony of an enormous tree and afterwards you can walk around the museum and check out the trees- each decorated with a unique theme. Each of the 12 trees has been designed by one of the city’s top designers and will be on display at the museum.
Toronto Christmas Market
Get some Christmas shopping done and get lost in the magical atmosphere of the Toronto Christmas Market, taking place in the historic Distillery District from November 20th to December 20th. This charming event captures all of the heritage, charm and tradition of a European Christmas Market and it is a great place to pick up some unique local hand crafted products. There will also be family friendly entertainment there including carollers, children’s choirs and musicians.
Black Creek Pioneer Village
Visit this historic 19th century village and you will feel like you have stepped back in time – it is filled with actors in period garb recreating what life is like for early settlers. It’s especially fun to visit this attraction during the holidays, as the village will be decorated for Christmas and there will be horse drawn wagon rides, visits with Santa, Christmas tours and a Gingerbread Village contest.
Get out in the fresh air, strap on your skates and spend a chilly afternoon gliding across a frozen rink. Skating is a great activity for kids of all ages and it will really get everyone in the holiday spirit. When your little ones need a break they can warm up with a steaming cup of hot chocolate. Two of the most popular free outdoor skating venues in the city are the Natrel Harbourfront Centre rink and Nathan Philips Square.
These are just a few of the fun Christmas activities for kids you can do in Toronto during the holiday season, so why not plan a winter getaway with your family to this exciting city this year?