Many condo balconies are small. That said, there’s still some space to spruce up your balcony, especially at our short term rentals at DelSuites. Here are our tips to maximize your space and entertain on your balcony.
1. Lighting. The lights you choose for your balcony can instantly change the mood of your outdoor space. Try stacked lanterns, string lights, or a few big potted candles.
2. Seating. Most balconies will only enable a small table and two chairs. If you wanted to use your balcony as an extension for an entertaining space, try a small bench or a chaise lounge instead of a small table and two chairs.
3. Extras. If you’re unable to put a BBQ or grill on your balcony, try a small bar cart (ideally covered for bad weather situations) or an outdoor wine cooler. Make your space cozy by adding a carpet or funky rug. Colourful or light accessories like blankets will entice you to be outdoors.
4. Plants and Flowers. Potted plants or hanging flowers can instantly add that joie de vivre to your space and make it welcoming for your guests. Weather conditions will dictate the type of plants you can grow and have on your balcony. It is advisable to give the dimensions and specifics of your balcony at your local flower/plant shop. Placement of flowers can be on the ground but also up high or hanging from the balcony. Varied placement will help spruce up the space.
5. Water features. A small, standing water fountain that needs to be plugged in (if there is an outlet on your balcony) would create that calming effect. A beautiful bowl surrounded by plants or a clear vase or bowl filled with rocks and water can add to your outdoor sanctuary.
Don’t forget if you don’t want to do anything to your balcony, there are outdoor spaces and pools at many of our properties where you can grill, swim, sunbathe, and socialize! It is one of the many features we offer as part of our award-winning services.
Your balcony is part of your space, so make the most of it! How do you create an outdoor sanctuary for yourself? How do you entertain on your balcony?
Halloween is an exciting time for your little ones – they get to dress up in fun costumes and go door to door receiving copious amounts of chocolate and candy. However, it is important to stay safe during this time of year, as there are certain risks associated with Halloween.
Here are some important Halloween safety tips to keep in mind this time of year.
• Attach reflective tape to your child’s costume or candy bag, so that cars can see them better when they are trick or treating after dark.
• Make sure that the costume is not so long that your child would trip over it. Also, avoid masks that hinder your child’s vision as they might trip and injure themselves. Use non-toxic kid-friendly makeup instead.
• When your child’s Halloween costume includes makeup, make sure to test it on their arm first to see if it irritates their skin – before putting it on their entire face.
• Buy a costume that is flame-retardant, so that the material will not burn and pose a fire hazard.
• When trick or treating, only go to the houses that have porch lights on lit streets.
• Go trick or treating in a group and stay together. Older children can trick or treat on their own with friends and younger children can go with an adult. For very little children there are usually indoor events, such as trick or treating at the stores in a shopping mall.
• When your older children go out on their own, establish a curfew and ensure that they have a mobile phone so that they can call you if they need to.
• Give your child a flashlight to take with them when they are trick or treating. Make sure that the batteries are fully charged.
• Your children can also carry glow sticks which will help them to see as well as making them more visible to drivers.
• When you are carving pumpkins never let young children handle the knives without adult supervision. Have them draw their designs on the pumpkin and then you or an older sibling can do the carving.
• Instead of using candles in your pumpkin, which can be a fire hazard, use a glow stick to safely illuminate your pumpkin instead.
• When your child gets home, take a look through their candy. If your child is very young, take away any gum or hard candy that could cause choking.
• Make sure that your home is safe for when trick or treaters visit. Remove anything that might cause children to trip or fall while approaching your house and make sure that the lights are on outside at all times.
• Your children should have good road sense and should be in the habit of looking both ways before they cross the street, even if they are excited to get to the next house.
These are just a few important Halloween safety tips to keep in mind to ensure that your little ones have a safe and fun evening. What’s your favourite part about Halloween?
DelSuites has been in business for over 17 years. As we continue to grow, we constantly are looking for ways to make operations more streamlined and efficient. Erin Conaty discusses how our central laundry room is an integral part of our daily guest service operations furnished rentals.
Here in our central laundry room, we ensure quality control, receive deliveries and where all linens are washed and stocked.
All linen is inspected prior to folding and delivery to our furnished apartments Toronto. With this, DelSuites ensures we meet the needs of our guest throughout their stay.
Watch Erins video to find out more about DelSuites central laundry room.
Temporary housing for employee relocation in Toronto is just one aspect of the relocation process DelSuites offers.
DelSuites will make the transition as easy and comfortable for your employee and assist in locating the perfect furnished rental in Toronto, a place to call home. In addition, DelSuites provides complimentary airport pick up service, information on the building and area they will be staying at, flexible departure dates and so much more.
Watch this video to see how Adam Paxton-Reservations Manager is able to suggest the best options and location for your employee relocation in Toronto.
When you are staying in a furnished condo in Toronto, your accommodations will be so comfortable that you might not want to go outside – but if you can pry yourself away from your cozy living space you will find so much to see and do right outside your door. Here are some of the best family fun outdoor activities in Toronto that you can enjoy.
1. Rollerblading on the Humber River Recreational Trail
Take the subway to Old Mill Station and you will discover this scenic winding trail. There are shops where you can rent rollerblades for the day if you don’t have your own, such as Wheel Excitement. Follow it through to Thackeray Park at Steeles Avenue West and enjoy the lush and quiet atmosphere of the river valley.
2. Surf Kayaking at Woodbine Beach Kayaks actually work better than surfboards when it comes to catching waves, as they offer a lower centre of gravity, higher speeds and better manoeuvrability. Try surf kayaking on the waves of Woodbine Beach, where you can carve through the swells. Flipping over is very likely, so before you try this make sure that you and your family have taken kayaking lessons and knowhow to roll the kayak upright or exit the boat underwater.
3. Swimming and Sandcastles at Centre Island Beach
Take the kids to Toronto Island, which is a quiet and peaceful oasis far from downtown that offers stunning views of the city skyline. This is a very family friendly beach that is close to the ferry docks and it is a wonderful place for your little ones to splash in the surf, build sandcastles and much more. There are changing rooms nearby, as well as concession stands where you can grab a bite to eat. You can also rent a canoe or a kayak from the Boat Rental, but make sure that you get there early in the day as the boats will go quickly.
4. Biking on the Don River Trail Rent bikes and go for a ride along the Don River Trail, a 20 km dirt trail that takes you from the waterfront in the south all the way to Sunnybrook Park and Taylor Creek Park. This beautiful trail is very kid friendly and it offers many quiet woodland areas as well as some neat wooden bridges to ride across. You and the kids will have a blast!
5. Exploring Bluffer’s Park
Escape the city and find some wilderness to explore in beautiful Bluffer’s Park. It is located just outside of Toronto in Scarborough and it is the perfect spot for cycling or cycling. Admire the gorgeous views of the bluffs that were formed 12,000 years ago by the Wisconsin Glacier.
These are just five of the family fun outdoor activities in Toronto that you can do with your family while you are staying in furnished condo rental.