Many condo balconies are small. That said, there’s still some space to spruce up your balcony, especially at our short term rentals at DelSuites. Here are our tips to maximize your space and entertain on your balcony.
1. Lighting. The lights you choose for your balcony can instantly change the mood of your outdoor space. Try stacked lanterns, string lights, or a few big potted candles.
2. Seating. Most balconies will only enable a small table and two chairs. If you wanted to use your balcony as an extension for an entertaining space, try a small bench or a chaise lounge instead of a small table and two chairs.
3. Extras. If you’re unable to put a BBQ or grill on your balcony, try a small bar cart (ideally covered for bad weather situations) or an outdoor wine cooler. Make your space cozy by adding a carpet or funky rug. Colourful or light accessories like blankets will entice you to be outdoors.
4. Plants and Flowers. Potted plants or hanging flowers can instantly add that joie de vivre to your space and make it welcoming for your guests. Weather conditions will dictate the type of plants you can grow and have on your balcony. It is advisable to give the dimensions and specifics of your balcony at your local flower/plant shop. Placement of flowers can be on the ground but also up high or hanging from the balcony. Varied placement will help spruce up the space.
5. Water features. A small, standing water fountain that needs to be plugged in (if there is an outlet on your balcony) would create that calming effect. A beautiful bowl surrounded by plants or a clear vase or bowl filled with rocks and water can add to your outdoor sanctuary.
Don’t forget if you don’t want to do anything to your balcony, there are outdoor spaces and pools at many of our properties where you can grill, swim, sunbathe, and socialize! It is one of the many features we offer as part of our award-winning services.
Your balcony is part of your space, so make the most of it! How do you create an outdoor sanctuary for yourself? How do you entertain on your balcony?
Though we think that the best place to have a group dinner is at your furnished apartment rental in Toronto, sometimes, it’s nice to take your friends out to a meal. The trouble can be finding a restaurant that caters to large groups or groups, in general. Here are our top five restaurants for groups in Toronto. Also ideal for small work holiday dinner parties and team outings.
1. Momofuku Daisho. It can be difficult to find fine dining for a large group and Daisho excels in that. One of the three restaurants at Momofuku in the Shangri-la Hotel (close to your short or long term rental apartment or suite), Daisho specializes in large format menus with a niche in one item. (You can also order off the a la carte menu for more variety). If you want to celebrate a special occasion with 10 people, this is the place. Reservations are required.
2. Wvrst. Located in the heart of the King Street West district and a short walk from our downtown short and long term rental properties, the modern beer hall is a casual stop, whether it’s after a baseball game or if you want to socialize late into the night over long, picnic-style benches. Various types of sausage are on offer as is a curated selection of craft beers. Don’t forget those duck fat fries!
3. The Sultan’s Tent. Transport yourself to the souks of Marrakech at this Moroccan restaurant. One of many ideal restaurants for groups in Toronto, every table is inside a tent, and on weekends, you have a choice of a 3 course prix-fixe menu. The highlight of the meal will be to test out your dance moves with the belly dancers who dance for and with you in the evening! This is a popular choice for bachelorette parties on the weekend.
What is your favourite place or recommendation for a restaurant for a group in Toronto?
At the Canadian Employee Relocation Conference (2015 CERC Conference) beginning Sept 27th to Sept 29th, delegates will from the relocation industry will come together to build connections, share insights and join fellow professionals for an in-depth look into exploring key trends in global mobility and examining the value of mobility as a driver of business success.
Sessions feature an accomplished faculty of speakers including Dr. Janet Lapp, a world renowned expert on organizational change and will share insights about skill sets needed to drive change in organizations and how to lead with courage and perseverance.
In addition, more specialized sessions will include topics such as Managing the Complexities of Canada’s Immigration System led by Julie Lessard, BCF; David Manicom, Citizenship and Immigration Canada; Colin Spencer James, Employment and Social Development Canada.
Beyond the learning sessions, there are plenty of resources and business solutions to explore at this year’s conference. No matter where your business takes you, DelSuites recognizes that our global economy makes finding the right corporate housing provider a top priority. As a leader in Toronto’s corporate housing market, our team understands the unique needs that face new Torontonians.
In an effort to help you make the right decisions for your staff, DelSuites will be available throughout the 2015 CERC conference to answer any questions that you may have about our properties and our neighbourhoods.
As a proud member of the Corporate Housing Providers Association (CHPA), DelSuites is not only committed to offering quality furnished rentals in Toronto, but we’re also interested in hearing what our clients think about our properties and services. Whether you’re a current client or exploring your housing options, drop by our booth (Booth #17) and connect with our team members to find out more about how we can best serve your business. And while our friendly staff with their expert housing advice are reason enough to come by, we’ll have a few prizes on hand to give away too!
Temporary housing for employee relocation in Toronto is just one aspect of the relocation process DelSuites offers.
DelSuites will make the transition as easy and comfortable for your employee and assist in locating the perfect furnished rental in Toronto, a place to call home. In addition, DelSuites provides complimentary airport pick up service, information on the building and area they will be staying at, flexible departure dates and so much more.
Watch this video to see how Adam Paxton-Reservations Manager is able to suggest the best options and location for your employee relocation in Toronto.
Meet Katharine Weterings, our Account Manager who shares some sales techniques for short term rentals and how she builds relationships with clients. The way she interacts with her clients gives them an impression of not only her, but of DelSuites.
Today, customers want to be able to have a conversation about our product and how we can help. Katharine focuses not only on this, but also nuturing and building a relationship. With this, she understands her customer better, therefore, its more likely they’re going to want to keep engaging with her.
Do you have any sales techniques for short term rentals?