A furnished short-term rental is one of the best options to consider when visiting a city, as it offers a number of advantages compared to a hotel. You will have a lot more room to relax, you will have cooking facilities so that you can prepare your own meals and washing machines so that you can launder your own clothes. A furnished condo offers the convenience and comfort of home so that you will not need to be cramped into a hotel room.
Here 5 things to consider before renting furnished condos:
1. Location, Location, Location
When you choose your furnished condo, one of the most important factors to consider is where it is located. If the condo is too far away from the sightseeing points and attractions you want to see you will waste a lot of time and money going back and forth. The condo should be located in a convenient position close to everything you want to do during your visit.
Think about your travel budget first, then look for a condo rental that fits within it. There are many different options for condo rentals, from the most expensive luxury suite to cheaper options – so figure out what you can afford and stay within your limits.
What type of amenities does the furnished condo have? Does it have a swimming pool or a gym? Is there parking available and 24-hour security? Consider which amenities are most important to you so that you can choose a condo that suits you best.
How many bedrooms does the furnished condo have? Does it have a large sitting and dining area? Your condo will need to be big enough to accommodate all of the people that will be staying with you. If you are travelling with your kids you will want to look for a condo with at least two bedrooms as well as a common area where the little ones can play.
5. Read the Reviews
When you have narrowed down your choices to the best-suited furnished condo rentals the final step is to read the reviews. You will be able to focus on the experiences of the prior tenants in order to find out what to expect from the rental. They will generally give you a good indication of what it would be like to stay in the condo. Sometimes a renting furnished condo can look great in the photos but the reviews will reveal an issue that might make you change your mind.
These are just a few important factors to consider when you are renting furnished condos. Take your time and look for the best condo on your next trip, so that you will be able to stay in accommodation that is comfortable, convenient and well-suited to your needs.
Choosing A Furnished Short-Term Rental
Looking for a furnished, short-term condo rental around the Greater Toronto Area?
Start your search for your next condo rental here on DelSuites.
Nothing moves slower than the minute hand on the clock when you are waiting for your shift to end and the weekend begin. Even if you love your job, Monday to Friday is a long time to spend in the office and when your workday is over you will be in the mood to kick back with a few beers in a chilled out atmosphere.
So what are some of the best Toronto bars where you can celebrate the beginning of the weekend and have a fantastic Friday night? Here are a few great options:
The Bottom Line
Meet your buddies at the Bottom Line at Front and Yonge, which is a very popular spot for the after work crowd on Fridays. It is located in the Financial District of Toronto only steps away from Union Station or your furnished apartment at 300 Front Street West, so the location couldn’t be more convenient for an after work drink if you are working downtown. Watch the sports games on the big televisions and enjoy a beer and a snack – you’ve worked hard this week so you deserve it!
This chilled out patio bar and restaurant features live music from 10pm every Friday night, so it’s the perfect place to relax at the end of the week. It has a great outdoor area and on a sunny Friday afternoon you will see plenty of Torontonians hanging out and soaking up the sunshine. It’s named after the famous writer of course, who we all know loved to drink in his time.
The Horseshoe Tavern
The Horseshoe Tavern is one of the most well-known bars in Toronto and a long standing favourite in the nightlife scene. Since it opened in 1947 several fantastic bands have graced the stage on a weekend, from Blue Rodeo to The Police to Stompin’ Tom Connors, The Strokes, the Rheostatics, Joel Plasket and the Barenaked Ladies. Usually the chilled out front bar is where you will hear the lesser known acts, while the back bar hosts the major big name acts.
Track & Field
Bring your friends to this fun bar and you can enjoy the top notch selection of cocktails while playing lawn games, such as Bocce Ball. Mixologist Jesse Borg serves up drinks that are just as delicious as their names are cheeky.
These are just a few of the best Toronto bars to check out on a Friday night, so that you can unwind from the week and get the weekend off to a great start!
Productivity thrives on routine. Many people find themselves most productive when they set up a routine, good habits and a working environment that benefits them. However, when you are on a business trip and you are in different surroundings it can be difficult to stay productive.
Here are some tips that you can keep in mind to be more productive on a business trip:
Business Trip Productivity Tips
- Make sure that you have some work that you can do without being connected to the internet, such as emails you can write offline or word documents you can work on. If you are stuck in transit without a Wifi connection you can still be getting work done.
- If you have established routines at home that help you stay productive, such as waking up at a certain time and getting energized with a session of yoga, bring these routines with you on your business trip whenever possible. These simple things will remind you of a normal working day and will help you to become more productive no matter where you are. Whether you are staying in a furnished rental in Toronto or apartment, the building amenities are available for you to take advantage of including fitness centres or swimming pools.
- Being productive starts with planning, so create a list of goals and objectives you intend to accomplish during your trip and then break them down into smaller and more manageable tasks.
- Get as much sleep as possible. You are much less productive when you are tired, so turn off the television and get to bed early when you can.
- Make the most of the hidden pockets of time that happen throughout your business trip. You can listen to informative podcasts while waiting for the train, get some work done on your laptop while in transit and make business calls while walking from your furnished apartment to the conference centre.
- Use apps to your advantage. There are many apps that are designed to help busy people be more productive and get more done. Here are a few that you might find useful.
- Think strategically about keeping your electronics charged up, so that you won’t have to waste any valuable working time because you don’t have any battery left. Many airports and train stations will have plugs and charging stations, so keep up your battery topped up when you can.
- Staying in a furnished apartment rather than a hotel can really help you be more productive. You’ll have a separate working and sleeping area, so you won’t have to sit on the bed while you work like you would in a small hotel room.
Being efficient on the road can be a challenge, but with these tips you can be in your most efficient state when you are on a business trip and get lots of work done!
Energy costs have been rising dramatically and there seems to be no relief in sight. If you live or rent a condo or even a furnished condo in Toronto, here are some tips that will help you conserve energy in your condo, which will be beneficial for your budget as well as for the environment.
Cut Down on Air Leakage
Take a look at your condo and see if there are any areas where air can escape, such as through holes and cracks in the windows, floors and ceilings. A condo with drafts will require more energy to heat and keep cool, which really adds up. If you seal up these cracks you will see a difference in your energy usage.
Use Energy Efficient Appliances
When you are choosing appliances for your condo, make sure that you look for energy efficient ones that are designed to use less electricity and water. They might be slightly more expensive at the outset, but the savings that they offer you over their lifespan are significant. DelSuites furnished apartments are located in Tridel Built Buildings and some of these new buildings are equipped with Energy Star high efficiency front loading dishwashers and washers.
Take Advantage of the Sun
The sun offers you free lighting and heating, so take advantage of it as much as possible. Open the curtains on a sunny winter day on all south, west and east facing windows in order to warm up your apartment without having to turn up the heater. Don’t turn the lights on during the day when you can open the window instead.
Reduce Laundry Loads
Another way to conserve energy in your condo is to cut down on the number of individual loads of laundry you wash by filling the washer completely. However, avoid overloading the washer because the clothes might not get fully clean and will take longer to get dry. Consider hanging up clothes to dry if the weather is nice rather than using the dryer, as it uses a lot of energy.
Turn off Electronics
Many appliances and electronics have a “standby” mode which means that they use energy even when they are not being used. Anyhousehold device with a memory, remote control, clock or timer is using power even when its off – including the microwave and television. It might be a very small amount, but when you have a number of these appliances in your condo they can really add up. Set up a power bar that allows you to deactivate all of your electronic equipment with the flick of one switch so that you can cut down on phantom electricity use.
These are just a few simple ways that you can conserve energy in your condo. They are only small measures, but together they can add up significantly less energy used so that you can save money and protect the environment.