You might think that any impact you have on the environment is pretty small in the grand scheme of things – so does it really make much of a difference if you try to adjust your habits?
However, if everyone made some small adjustments then a big difference could be made. So, how can you be more environmentally friendly in your furnished condo?
Here Are Some Ways To Be More Environmentally Friendly In Your Furnished Condos
- Open the blinds in the morning. It will let the sunlight in which will help to heat your furnished apartment in Toronto.
- Switch to an environmentally friendly cleaner. It will ensure that fewer harsh chemicals are released into the environment and into the air you breathe. You can find one at a natural grocery store or even some of the mainstream ones – just read the labels carefully.
- If you wash dishes in the sink under running water, you’re wasting a lot of water. Instead, fill up one tub with soapy water (look for eco-friendly bio-degradable soap) and then one with plain water for rinsing.
- If you use a dishwasher, remember that thanks to the modern technology of most dishwashers it is no longer necessary to pre-rinse the dishes before you put them in. This saves you from wasting water – because sometimes you use more water to pre-rinse than you would for a full wash cycle.
- When washing your clothes, try to use cold water and only wash during non-peak hours, such as 6-8 a.m. or 8-10 p.m.
- Only run a full load in the washing machine. You use the same amount of energy to power the washing machine whether you are washing a full load of clothes or a half load.
- Use a drying rack rather than using a clothes dryer to save energy. If it is sunny outside, put the clothes on a clothesline – they will smell amazing if you let them dry in the fresh air.
- Did you know that energy escapes from your electronic devices, such as microwaves, televisions, video game consoles, and coffee makers, even when they are off and you are not using them? Use a power strip to plug them in and then flip the switch to the off position when these appliances are not in use.
- When it comes to food shopping, try to buy from local farmer’s markets as much as possible. It reduces the carbon footprint because the produce doesn’t have to travel as far. Plus, it supports the local farmers and benefits the community.
- When you get around, try to walk or take public transit rather than drive if possible. Toronto has a great public transit system that will get you anywhere in the city.
These are just a few of the ways that you can be more environmentally friendly when you are living or staying short-term in your furnished condo. In addition, here are 5 ways to go green. These are small changes that won’t make too much of a difference to your lifestyle but when they add up they can make a big difference to the environment.
Book With DelSuites
Are you looking for a downtown staycation, a furnished short-term rental for your family to stay with you or have a business contract that’s extending your visit to Toronto?
Be sure to follow these great environmentally friendly tips and book an upcoming trip in a furnished short-term rental in Toronto with DelSuites now.