Productivity thrives on routine. Many people find themselves most productive when they set up a routine, good habits and a working environment that benefits them. However, when you are on a business trip and you are in different surroundings it can be difficult to stay productive.
Here are some tips that you can keep in mind to be more productive on a business trip:
Business Trip Productivity Tips
- Make sure that you have some work that you can do without being connected to the internet, such as emails you can write offline or word documents you can work on. If you are stuck in transit without a Wifi connection you can still be getting work done.
- If you have established routines at home that help you stay productive, such as waking up at a certain time and getting energized with a session of yoga, bring these routines with you on your business trip whenever possible. These simple things will remind you of a normal working day and will help you to become more productive no matter where you are. Whether you are staying in a furnished rental in Toronto or apartment, the building amenities are available for you to take advantage of including fitness centres or swimming pools.
- Being productive starts with planning, so create a list of goals and objectives you intend to accomplish during your trip and then break them down into smaller and more manageable tasks.
- Get as much sleep as possible. You are much less productive when you are tired, so turn off the television and get to bed early when you can.
- Make the most of the hidden pockets of time that happen throughout your business trip. You can listen to informative podcasts while waiting for the train, get some work done on your laptop while in transit and make business calls while walking from your furnished apartment to the conference centre.
- Use apps to your advantage. There are many apps that are designed to help busy people be more productive and get more done. Here are a few that you might find useful.
- Think strategically about keeping your electronics charged up, so that you won’t have to waste any valuable working time because you don’t have any battery left. Many airports and train stations will have plugs and charging stations, so keep up your battery topped up when you can.
- Staying in a furnished apartment rather than a hotel can really help you be more productive. You’ll have a separate working and sleeping area, so you won’t have to sit on the bed while you work like you would in a small hotel room.
Being efficient on the road can be a challenge, but with these tips you can be in your most efficient state when you are on a business trip and get lots of work done!
Energy costs have been rising dramatically and there seems to be no relief in sight. If you live or rent a condo or even a furnished condo in Toronto, here are some tips that will help you conserve energy in your condo, which will be beneficial for your budget as well as for the environment.
Cut Down on Air Leakage
Take a look at your condo and see if there are any areas where air can escape, such as through holes and cracks in the windows, floors and ceilings. A condo with drafts will require more energy to heat and keep cool, which really adds up. If you seal up these cracks you will see a difference in your energy usage.
Use Energy Efficient Appliances
When you are choosing appliances for your condo, make sure that you look for energy efficient ones that are designed to use less electricity and water. They might be slightly more expensive at the outset, but the savings that they offer you over their lifespan are significant. DelSuites furnished apartments are located in Tridel Built Buildings and some of these new buildings are equipped with Energy Star high efficiency front loading dishwashers and washers.
Take Advantage of the Sun
The sun offers you free lighting and heating, so take advantage of it as much as possible. Open the curtains on a sunny winter day on all south, west and east facing windows in order to warm up your apartment without having to turn up the heater. Don’t turn the lights on during the day when you can open the window instead.
Reduce Laundry Loads
Another way to conserve energy in your condo is to cut down on the number of individual loads of laundry you wash by filling the washer completely. However, avoid overloading the washer because the clothes might not get fully clean and will take longer to get dry. Consider hanging up clothes to dry if the weather is nice rather than using the dryer, as it uses a lot of energy.
Turn off Electronics
Many appliances and electronics have a “standby” mode which means that they use energy even when they are not being used. Anyhousehold device with a memory, remote control, clock or timer is using power even when its off – including the microwave and television. It might be a very small amount, but when you have a number of these appliances in your condo they can really add up. Set up a power bar that allows you to deactivate all of your electronic equipment with the flick of one switch so that you can cut down on phantom electricity use.
These are just a few simple ways that you can conserve energy in your condo. They are only small measures, but together they can add up significantly less energy used so that you can save money and protect the environment.
Healthy workers are more productive workers – so what can you do to create a healthy workplace? Here are some tips to ensure that everyone is performing at their best.
Stretching will help to prevent back, neck and shoulder strain and it will also increase circulation which will improve alertness and brain function.
Encourage all of your employees to take regular breaks from their work and stretch. You might even want to organize a morning stretching session where everyone starts their day with some stretches together.
Take Plenty of Breaks
Working too hard for long hours can cause burn-out and can make your employees tired, fed up and unable to concentrate. They will actually be more productive and alert and able to do quality work if they get regular breaks to recharge.
Create a breakroom area where your employees can go to recharge their batteries. It can have fun games to play, books to read, snacks, water and a few cozy places to sit. If you notice that one of your employees has been working on a project for a long time and they look a little bit tired or overwhelmed, encourage them to take a 15 minute break so that they can return to the work refreshed.
Provide Healthy Snacks
Instead of offering donuts and muffins in the break room and during meetings, why not provide your staff with healthy snacks instead? Sugary food will cause them to crash, but snacks such as fruit, nuts, crackers and vegetables with dip will give them energy to keep going.
Drink Water throughout the Day
Hydration is very important for health and drinking enough water throughout the day will help your employees in a number of ways. It will ensure that they are more alert, their immune systems are functioning well and they are able to concentrate better.
To facilitate your employees drinking more water you can place a water cooler in the office in a location that is convenient for everyone. Also, allow employees to keep water bottles at their desk so that they can sip water throughout the day.
Use Ergonomic Chairs
The human body isn’t designed to sit down for many hours per day and most ordinary chairs will cause a lot of strain on the back and hips. Also, being hunched over a computer monitor and typing on a keyboard without the right support can cause a lot of pain and discomfort.
It is worth investing in ergonomic chairs and keyboards for your office environment for a healthy workplace, as it will make a big difference when it comes to the comfort of your employees. Make sure that the chairs are adjusted to the right height and angle to ease strain on the back and shoulders, as this will be different for each employee depending on their height.
These are just a few of the ways that you can maintain a healthy workplace so that you can perform at your best.
We are proud to offer Qwest furnished rentals Toronto that is located right in the heart of downtown. There has recently been renovations in the building along side with improvements in our suites. Both have been transformed into a modern, comfortable and stylish place to stay.
Qwest Furnished Rentals Toronto Renovations – Major Changes
We have gone through a series of renovations over the years and recently in order to improve and make them more comfortable for our guests. We have removed the wallpaper and painting, installed new hardwood floors from carpeting, added most recently installed new kitchens appliances and bathrooms.
One of the biggest changes was when we took out the carpeting and replaced it with hardwood floors, giving the living spaces a much more clean, spacious and modern feeling to them. We have also installed stainless steel appliances in the kitchen and have updated the cabinets with a coat of paint and new handles. The bathrooms are outfitted with a new vanity, countertops and a fresh coat of paint.
Our renovations have been aesthetic as well as practical and we have decorated with several beautiful examples of local Toronto themed art. The choice of artwork gives each suite a cozy and elegant feeling and makes it feel more like home.
Elegant Colour Scheme
The colour scheme chosen is grey and black, a dramatic and rich choice which will be timeless. We chose each element of the décor perfectly, so that together it would create an overall atmosphere of stylish elegance. The new look of the building has a modern simplicity and will add a lot of value to the property. The stylish décor gives each of the suites a relaxing feeling, so that you can feel peaceful and calm during your stay – whether you are visiting the Toronto area for business or pleasure.
Qwest Offers Better Alternative to Hotels
Compared to staying at a pricey hotel, staying in an furnished suite at the Qwest building offers a lot of advantages. You will have a living and dining area, kitchen and separate bedroom so that you don’t feel cramped into a small hotel room. All suites feature in suite laundry and built in closets that allow for more space in the bedroom. Flat screen televisions with premium cable programming, integrated iPod/alarm clocks and hi-speed wireless internet ensure you are entertained and stay connected during your visit to Toronto. Qwest also features a modern gym that is accessible 24 hours.
Each of the one and two bedroom qwest furnished rentals Toronto suites has a fully equipped kitchen, so you will be able to enjoy the freedom and convenience of self-catering during your stay. Many of our suites offer a separate work space so that when you are travelling for work you will be able to get caught up on business in comfort.
We are proud of the renovations and are happy to offer a stylish and well equipped place to stay during your visit to Toronto. To see photos of our renovations or learn more about the suites, you can feel free to visit our website at any time.
Sometimes going on a business trip can be a tiring and stressful experience. There are plenty of meetings and conferences to attend, work to catch up on in transit and big networking functions to attend – by the end you might need a break just to recover from it all! However, there are ways that you can reduce stress on a business trip. Here are some helpful tips that you can keep in mind:
Tips to Reduce Stress on a Business Trip
• Prepare in advance for as much as possible. There are many factors that you can’t control, but those you can control can be taken care of with advance planning. You can figure out the details, such as how to get from the airport to your accommodation, so that you don’t have the added stress of figuring them out on the fly.
• Check in early. Many airlines allow you the option to do this online and it will save you a lot of time at the airport, making your trip smoother and more enjoyable.
• Pre-book your transport from the airport to the hotel.
• Pack as little as possible. If you can pack only hand luggage (on a short trip) you will be able to get in and out of the airport much more quickly.
• Have some offline work that you can do so that you can make the most of the time when you are waiting around in transit but you are not connected to the internet.
• Pack clothing that can be easily mixed and matched, so that you don’t have to think too much about coordinating your outfits when you are attending meetings and functions.
• A furnished apartment or extended stay in Toronto can be more beneficial than staying at a hotel. You’ll have the advantage of being able to prepare your own food and do your own laundry, which will save money and be more convenient. Also, you’ll have a separate living space where you can do work, rather than having to answer work emails from your bed in a cramped hotel room.
• Make sure that your short term rental has free WiFi before you book. It’s an important feature for a business traveller and you don’t want to have to go out to a coffee shop just to get a bit of work done.
• Don’t forget to give yourself time to relax and exercise. Many business travellers forget or neglect this, but it’s very important. Physical activity can help to reduce elevated stress levels that are caused by travel or working long hours. A swim in the pool or a workout at the gym can be the perfect antidote to business trip stress.
These are just a few ways that you can reduce stress on a business trip and keep yourself from getting overwhelmed and exhausted. On your next business trip you can be prepared and organized, travel as efficiently as possible and take time to relax and enjoy the journey.