The city of Markham, located in the Greater Toronto Area, is a vibrant municipality that is alive with culture, theatre, history and art. It is one of the most ethnically diverse communities in Canada and there is always something happening there – from world class theatre to art gallery openings to museum exhibits. It’s only 25 minutes from downtown, but if your accommodation is based in Markham (such as at DelSuites Circa location) then there is plenty you can do in this area.
Markham Attractions and Activities
Here are a few fun things that you can do in during your stay in Markham:
- Check out the great exhibits and the fascinating historic village at the Markham Museum. This is an excellent place to go with kids, as there are a lot of interactive things to discover.
- Visit the Frederick Horsman Varley Art Gallery. There are always some intriguing art exhibitions at the gallery, plus a great calendar of camps, art classes, workshops and more.
- You can also check out some fantastic art by local contributors at the McKay Art Centre.
- In the summer, pick your own strawberries at Whittamore’s Farm. You can escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a peaceful rural atmosphere.
- In the winter, go skating at the Markham Civic Centre Outdoor Skating Rink, located on Town Centre Blvd. Don’t worry if you haven’t brought your skates, you can rent them there.
- Play a few games at Markham Bowl, a bowling alley with 8 lanes of 10 pin and 12 lanes of 5 pin. It also has a snack bar and a full bar, so that you can refresh yourself with a beer.
- Every Saturday from 8am until 1pm you can check out the Main Street Markham Farmer’s Market on Robinson Street. You will be able to find delicious fresh produce straight from the farm, as well as handmade artisan crafts and much more. There is also live music to entertain you while you shop.
- Take a walk through the Milne Dam Conservation Area, which is the largest park in Markham with 123 hectares of area. There are many lovely trails through the lush forests and this area is a stop off point for many species of migratory birds.
- Test your smarts with an escape room experienced at Trapped. You will be locked in a room in a realistic scenario and you will need to solve puzzles and mysteries to escape while the clock is counting down!
There is plenty to see and do in Markham, so whether you are visiting for business or pleasure you won’t be bored. If you know of any other interesting things to do in this Greater Toronto destination, let us know in the comments!
The Corporate Housing Provider’s Association – CHPA conference will be taking place in Huntington Beach, California from February 17th to March 1st. DelSuites is looking forward to taking part in this year’s event, which is the only event dedicated exclusively to the corporate housing industry. All of the corporate housing providers and service partners who gather here have one goal – doing business better.
A Place for Ideas to Thrive – CHPA Conference
More than 500 corporate professionals are expected to attend this year’s CHPA conference, which means more than 60 hours of valuable and educational face time with a wide range of industry partners all in one place. The conference also offers 24 hours of highly focused training for the corporate housing professional as well as three keynote sessions on leadership issues. It creates an environment in which creative ideas and new innovations can be celebrated.
DelSuites gains knowledge and expertise being a member of the CHPA and looking forward to engaging with like-minded individuals from around the world. It will be a great opportunity to make connections in the industry and strengthen the business network.
It is also a chance to stay up to date on business trends and innovations in the world of corporate housing. Tradeshows and exhibitions are an important part of business decisions and 79% of the annual conference attendees bring more than one key decision maker from their company.
Industry Expert Speakers – CHPA Conference
The CHPA conference will include talks and workshops from leaders in the corporate housing industry, so there is a lot to learn at this great event. The talks will focus on the day to day basics, the future of the industry, best practices, operations and much more. Every year it brings new ideas and encourages industry professionals to learn from each other.
For example, there will be a Kickoff Keynote talk with Ben Casnocha on the topic of The Alliance: Managing Talent in the Network Age. There will also be a keynote session with Kate Good that will explore the changing face of marketing and sales and how to achieve greater effectiveness in 2017. There will also be a closing keynote from Shelly Alcorn, who will talk about Disruption and Your Company’s Future.
All of the speakers are chosen for this conference for their bright and forward thinking ideas and the value that they contribute to those who work within this industry. DelSuites looks forward to the opportunity to hear these talks, as well as the fantastic networking opportunities that the conference will provide.
If you will be at the 2017 CHPA conference, be sure to look out for the DelSuites Team!