DELSUITES, a division of TRIDEL, is the largest and most highly recognized corporate housing provider in the Greater Toronto Area. As a young and dynamic company, DelSuites manages extended stay furnished condominiums, as a hotel alternative in residential buildings across Toronto and the GTA for 30 nights or longer.
We are looking to hire an Executive Assistant for a 14 month MAT leave (with the option of an additional 6 months) to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the office of the President for DelSuites & Del Condominium Rentals, and support the work of management and other staff
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a point of contact for the President.
- Supports overall office operations, administrative support and secretarial duties for the President
- Provide Executive support to the President including managing their calendars, booking travel, resolving scheduling conflicts, booking and organizing on-site and off-site meeting venues and ordering catering
- Answers telephone and e-mails, screens and forwards a response accordingly.
- Deals professionally with external stakeholders (e.g., strategic partners, agents, brokers, consultants, advisors, and customers).
- Responsible for handling all aspects of correspondence for the President’s office.
- Manages work in a confidential manner, ensuring information is shared with internal and external individuals in an appropriate manner; provides guidance to peers as necessary regarding proprietary information. Confidential information typically consists of company or personnel sensitive information.
- Maintains records of decisions
- Researches and assists with the preparation of motions, policies and procedures
- Prepares presentations, documents and reports on the computer
- Attends and prepare correspondence/ agendas/ packages for Board meetings
- Records and submits minutes for approval
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Performs market research and generates report
- Anticipates needs for information/material for meetings, speaking engagements, etc.
- Effectively initiates re-prioritization, changes direction in response to unpredictable situations
- To ensure that an efficient and accurate filing system, both manual as well as electronically is maintained at all times.
- To keep and to safeguard all contracts and financial documents.
- Assists with annual budget planning
- Handles expense reports and ensures they get processed with accounting on time
- Coordinates all steps of acquiring/ terminating properties: negotiates leases, collects paperwork, insurance, follow ups, etc.
- Manages all on and off boarding of employees
- Assists with special projects as assigned
- Report for duty.
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the department colleagues and all other departments.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings & departmental trainings scheduled and other related activities.
- Fully support the Departmental Training Function in the Department assigned.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the management.
- Respond to any changes in duties as dictated by the management.
- Project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self control.
- Handle guest and employee inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- Prioritize and communicate daily, weekly or monthly tasks
- Provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Strong work tenure: minimum five years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills an asset
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to work diligently with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- A college or university degree/diploma required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your Cover Letter and Resume to recruiting@DelSuites.com. We invite all qualified candidates to apply and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. We thank all those who apply, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.