These days, we’re not moving around as much. Due to the pandemic, many of us are working from home. So, instead of commuting to our workplaces, walking upstairs, or moving around the office, we’re spending most of our time at our desks, in front of a computer screen.
It’s important to maintain an active lifestyle, especially during a pandemic – when we need to boost our immune system to avoid getting COVID and combat its spread.
But it’s hard enough to be motivated to stay active under normal circumstances. And it’s even harder when we can’t go to a gym or physically attend group workout sessions like we’re used to.
Are you unmotivated to exercise at home? Do you feel tired of always doing the same workouts? Read on to find out how you can make your workout routine more interesting and varied, even while working from home.
Follow an Exercise Class Online
There are more online exercise classes available online than ever, so you can take advantage of this broad selection of online classes. Find the one that’s right for you – whether it’s a more relaxed cardio workout or a more intense weightlifting tutorial.
Many of these classes are available for free on YouTube. So, you can easily access them right from your home. Just put on a video, and you’re in a virtual class.
For example, Yoga with Adriene is trusted by her 9 million-plus subscribers to give a soothing, relaxed approach to yoga that will leave you feeling completely refreshed.
Keep in mind that if you don’t have a lot of experience performing these exercises, you should try to be careful and know your own limitations.
Add New Exercises and Equipment to the Mix
Doing the same exercises day in and day out can cause us to end up in a fitness rut. Do you need to reinvigorate your routine or want to stretch your body’s limits? Add something new to your routine to mix it up.
If you tend to stick to running, try building your strength by incorporating more weightlifting into your routine. Or if you strictly use the same weights, challenge yourself by adding more weight.
On the other hand, you may already be big on weightlifting but not so keen on doing cardio. If so, try spending more time running or biking to train your body in different ways. You could even add a new cardio machine to your home like a rowing machine, a stepmill, or an air bike.
Get Creative With Your At-Home Exercises
In order to motivate yourself to work out, it’s always important to be able to pinpoint the reason you’re not feeling motivated. That way you can know the best way to increase your motivation.
Here are a few interesting and creative solutions to get you motivated to stay active:
- Have a virtual workout session with friends: Do you miss being in an environment where you can work out with others? Do you need that motivation you can only get from working out with someone else? Have a video call with a friend while working out and motivate each other to get through each workout.
- Play sports with your family: Are you looking for a more fun way to get moving while working from home? Why not encourage your family to get active, too, by playing active games or sports like soccer with them.
- Design a circuit workout in your own home: Doing the same workouts in the same room each day can get boring and difficult after a while. Consider coming up with a circuit workout where you do different activities in each room. A few workouts you could do are jumping jacks, burpees, and lunges.
DelSuites: Stay Active on Your Business Trip or Vacation Using Our Exercise Amenities
DelSuites makes it easy for you to stay in shape when staying at one of our locations. All of the buildings include fitness centers. However, keep in mind that they are currently closed due to COVID-19.
If you’re going on a business trip or vacation or just need a place to stay for a while while you’re transitioning from one house to another, you can rent or lease one of our short-term rentals.
Find one of our rentals wherever you need to go – with locations spread out across Downtown Toronto, Etobicoke, Markham, and more. Find the rental that suits your fitness needs today.
- Visit the Beach throughout Your Stay in Toronto - May 8, 2023
- The Best Cheap Eats in North York, Toronto - April 19, 2023
- 4 Tips You Should Know When Looking for Short-Term Furnished Rentals in North York - March 14, 2023